Tiger post record 2015 results
April 29, 2016
Zebra A/S, the parent company of the Tiger stores (“Tiger” or “Group”), continued the strong growth driven by international store expansion with more than 170 store openings in 2015.
- Revenue rose 45% to DKK 3,572 million (DKK 2,464 million in 2014)
- EBITDA before special items rose to DKK 498 million (DKK 364 million in 2014)
- Profit before special items, after tax, reached DKK 243 million (DKK 196 million in 2014)
- 174 net store openings bringing the total to 585 Tiger stores
“During 2015, our organisation has taken another big step forward. We increased revenue by 45% and continued to strengthen our business. Among other things, we have increased our warehouse capacity and successfully established a warehouse close to our important markets in Southern Europe. We are very pleased with the results for 2015 and I would like to thank all employees for their contribution in making 2015 another record year,”
- said Xavier Vidal, CEO of Tiger.
The Tiger concept continued to prove its strength across markets with 174 net store openings in 2015. Approximately half of the new stores opened in UK, Italy and Spain. For the first time, Denmark was no longer the largest market having been overtaken by UK and Italy. In May 2015 the first US store was opened in Manhattan. The Tiger concept was well received by customers and has confirmed the potential for expansion in the US. By the end of 2015, Tiger operated 585 stores in 27 countries.
For more information, please contact:
Nina Brønden Jakobsen